Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Donn R Marutani has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
He starts off nice, but after he's borderline crazy to the point of harassment. His tactics are threatening & should not be allowed to practice medicine. Time & time again I've heard personal stories from former patients of his & all were frightening. He misdiagnosis' people & he talks down to patients.
I have never been treated so poorly by a physician in my life. Was treated like a number not a person. No bedside manner whatsoever. Waited well over an hour for my office appointment only to be rushed in and out of the office. Was going to cancel my procedure based on my experience at the office but didn't want to have to go through finding another doctor and rescheduling etc. On the day of my procedure he showed up hours late and I had to wait 4 hours with an IV stuck into me. This was after no food for almost 24 hours and nothing to drink for 9 hours. Never said hello before the procedure or apologized for being late and never said anything afterward. Other patients were upset as well. Doesn't call or make an appointment to go over results. Sends a cheap "form letter" with written-in results. Never again.
Schedules too many patients to see each one in timely manner. Always late for performing procedures such as colonoscopy and one can expect to wait at least a half hour to 2 hours or more depending on time of day your procedure is scheduled. He is very thorough from what I was told by the nursing staff when it comes to examining the colon compared to other doctors. Not sure if he keeps up on the latest advanced technologies.
University Of Michigan Health System
Dr. Donn R Marutani accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsKen G Sakuda Dpm, 321 N Kuakini St Ste 801, Honolulu, HI
Dr. Donn R Marutani is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Honolulu, HI.