Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donna Conom
Dr. Donna Conom, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Jose, CA, with other offices in San Jose, CA and Monte Sereno, CA (and 1 other location). She has 42 years of experience. Her specialties include Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine and Pediatrics. Dr. Conom is affiliated with Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian, Stanford Hospital and Clinics and Good Samaritan Hospital-LA. She speaks English.
Dr. Donna Conom has the following 2 specialties
- Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine
The main responsibility of a perinatologists, also known as a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, is to treat, monitor and assist pregnant mothers through high-risk pregnancies. This includes high blood pressure, early labor and bleeding. They’re also able to identify birth defects and then recommend necessary treatments to support your baby before he/she is born.
Other reasons you may need to see a perinatologist during your pregnancy include diabetes, problems with a previous pregnancy or carrying twins. Having completed OB-GYN training, they’re experts on the female reproductive system with additional specialized training in un-routine pregnancies. So, whether you know you’re at risk going into your pregnancy or problems arise unexpectedly, perinatologists can help you.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Donna Conom has the following 1 expertise
- Breastfeeding Problems
Dr. Donna Conom has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 2 of 2
VERY VERY GOOD, HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH HER FOR YEARS. RN GOOD SAMARITAN HOSPITAL
Dr. Conom is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Hoag Memorial Hospital Presbyterian
Stanford Hospital and Clinics
Good Samaritan Hospital-LA
O'Connor Hospital - San Jose
Lucile Salter Packard Children's Hospital @ Stanford
El Camino Hospital
Regional Medical Center of San Jose
Community Hospital of Los Gatos
Stanford University Hospital
Santa Clara Valley Health and Hospital System
42 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1971
Kapiolani Medical Center
Dr. Donna Conom accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. Donna Conom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Jose, CA.