Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Donna M Heffernan has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 5 of 13
Worst provider ive been to in the capital region. From the beginning to end, this place is a disaster. Making an appointment in the morning is a process all in itself. They are supposed to start taking calls at 830 but often can't get ahold of anyone till 9am. Then your put on hold. The waiting room is disgusting. Tissues all over the floor! The only positive experience I've had was with the nurses. They have always been pleasant, kind and informative. I have NOTHING positive to say about Doctor Heffernan. I leave the office questioning how she is able to practice. I feel like she has absolutely no idea what she's doing. I do not feel confident in her treating me and will be leaving the practice.
Dr. Heffernan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 2000
St Clares Hospital
Dr. Donna M Heffernan accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Donna M Heffernan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Schenectady, NY.