Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Donna M Michel has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Kidney Biopsy
- Chronic Renal Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Michel is a very caring Doctor and takes time to explain what she is doing and after it is done explains the results so that you understand them. I owe my life to Dr. Michel, as right after my first visit, she ordered a kidney biopsy, that revealed that I had Multiple Myeloma. With her testing and a bone marrow biopsy by the Cancer Dr., I was able to begin treatments immediately. I now two years in remission thanks to GOD and my Doctors.
The Doctor seems to be pretty good, but the office staff is inflexible and when the doc told the patient that she was to return on 1 August, the staff would only make an appointment for 30 August.The patient missed an appointment while she was in the hospital with a medical emergency and the staff scolded the patient's husband for allowing the patient to miss the appointment.
25 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Donna M Michel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsRenal Physicians Associates Of Winchester, 812 Amherst St Ste 201, Winchester, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Donna M Michel in this video.
Dr. Donna M Michel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winchester, VA.