Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Donna R Potts
Dr. Donna R Potts, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jacksonville, FL. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Potts is affiliated with St Vincents Medical Center Riverside and Baptist Medical Center Beaches. Dr. Potts has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Donna R Potts has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Donna R Potts has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Donna R Potts is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
...because then I won't be able to get an appointment!I have lived in Jax since 2002 and could not find a doc who made me feel *listened to*, until Dr. Potts. It's hard to trust a Doc's dianosis unless you really feel that they listened to you. I trust her intellect and I trust her to take me seriously. I would give her an '11' on 'Bedside Manner' if I could.I'm not sure the correct titles/terms, but she is one of the 'lead docs' that guides other resident docs who are in the learning process. She knows her stuff enough to be trusted with coaching others.She goes on international trips to volunteer medical services, which in my book indicates a very strong character.So she's great. But don't tell anyone, becaues I still want to be able to get appointments, okay?
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Potts is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of South Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
St Vincents Medical Center
Dr. Donna R Potts accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Carelink HMO
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana HMO Select
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSt Vincents Family Medicine Residency Program, 2627 Riverside Ave, Jacksonville, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Donna R Potts in this video.
Dr. Donna R Potts is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jacksonville, FL.