Dr. Donna Wicker Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Donna Wicker?

DO NOT GO HERE

Posted on October 21st, 2017

Do Not Go To This Doctor!! Doctor Donna Wicker is very unprofessional. She could care less about your concerns or spending any time with you. She withholds information stating "I don't think it's that important or that you would have wanted to know." She is rude and very rushed. When I would voice my concerns or questions her only answer for me every time was either the pregnancy will keep or the baby will abort; if you start bleeding call me or go to the emergency room. As a first time mother that is very frustrating. Having lots of question and being met with a brick wall every time. She always seemed lost and uninterested as well. Very out of it as if she wasn't mentally here in the present; her mind was always elsewhere. I kept going back until i hit 30 weeks thinking that maybe she would be different this time and every other time she just had something personal going on or maybe it was just my hormones (when to be honest being pregnant i have been the calmest i have been in my entire life) and finally came to the decision that I was scared to have her deliver my child so i requested for my medical records and i am currently looking for another doctor. At my first pelvic exam she was rough, did not tell me when or where she was about to touch me, and left me feeling sore for three days following the exam. I told her about my history of ovarian cysts and pain during sex and her only reply was that i should not have sex anymore if it hurts; no need to explore why because that is the easiest solution that has a 100 percent success rate and that she didn't feel any cysts during a pelvic exam so don't worry about it (even though i have had surgery to remove them before). All in all her staff is nice but will constantly harass you if you have any type of bill with them. I have insurance and am liable for whatever expanse is left after they pay their part. I have never let my bill with them go over 300$ and I pay on it every appointment and am also on a payment plan. I have had her nurses call me before appointments telling me if i don't bring in the full amount of the bill that i would not be given ultra sound referrals for my unborn child. I have been handed a print out of the outstanding debt(they also mail a copy to my house every two weeks) every time i walk into/out of the office and am asked to make a payment even when I have already made my payment for my payment plan that month and paid extra at my last visit. I feel like it is prejudice because i am fairly young with my first child , unmarried, working a low end job. I have never felt respected or valued as a patient at this practice.

Good Doctor but not impressed by Sentara

Posted on July 26th, 2016

Ive switched to a female OB after years of seeing male OB's. Dr Wicker has always been very nice and personable. I've never had any issues with her staff or her. I've encountered one billing issue with the office after it was taken over by Sentara, but felt making a huge issue out of it wasn't worth it the cost. With Sentara now running the show, I would recommend that you watch the billing charges. If you mention a stomach ache your insurance will get charged for a stomach pain diagnosis which is what happened to me. A mild stomach upset mentioned in passing as in how are you feeling? does not support an ICD charge/and diagnosis of stomach pain in my opinion. That tells me that it's corporate greed. I liked "Pratt" much better

Posted on June 18th, 2015

Dr Wicker is great but sometimes it's hard to get in because her staff doesn't answer the phone.

Best OBGYN in Fredericksburg

Posted on March 18th, 2015

I had gone through three different OBGYN's during my pregnancy. I was terrified I was going to be forced to settle for a mediocre doctor who didn't care about me or my daughter. I was beyond greatful when Dr. Wicker accepted me as a patient so late in my pregnancy. She was amazing, caring, attentive, she answered my slue of questions with ease, Dr. Wicker was my saving grace during my very scary and stressful high riskrisk pregnancy. She is the reason my daughter made it into this world period, she saw what 3 other doctors failed to. She talked about her children in school and her husband who is a doctor as well, she even made my daughter a beautiful baby blanket. Dr. Wicker and her nurses are by far the best in the area.

Would not recommend

Posted on January 9th, 2015

I would not recommend DR Wicker. She is not focused on her patients. She handled my pregnancy and she does not listen. She is also not up to date and tries to push you into things even when you tell her several times it's not what you want. I was too late in my pregnancy to switch doctors but I was scared for her to deliver my baby because I did not trust her. Thank God for the nurses who were in the delivery room! I have switched doctors and would not go back to Dr Wicker.

would not recommend--very bad memories

Posted on January 27th, 2012

I am not a hard person to please, and I found her to have a terrible bedside manner. She was totally uncaring and downright rude and hurtful, and not much of a doctor, in my opinion. I lost my chosen OB (who was great) when 7 mo pregnant, and was pushed off on her and boy did I live to regret it. Needless to say, I did not even go back to her after I delivered. After my experiences with her, I am now very mistrustful of all doctors. Beware.

Posted on November 24th, 2011

She is personal and takes time to explain things.

Great Doctor

Posted on July 17th, 2011

great docotor

Posted on November 22nd, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Wicker for over 8 years. She delievered my second child and soon to be third. She always recognizes me and speaks, and remembers my name. She is very personal and seems to care. Dr. Wicker always takes my knowledge as a nurse into consideration and values my own opinion and input into my situation. She speaks about her own daughters, family, and plans as if you were her friend. Couldn't ask for a better doctor.

rude and arrogant

Posted on September 21st, 2010

Dr Wicker is so full of herself, for what reason, I don't know, she is rude and not up on current medical information that is basic to health care, I learned the hard way through a bad experience with her, I was able to switch doctors and now I am ok, but just barely, please go elsewhere, the sign of a good doctor is compassion and humility, don't make the same mistake I made, there are too many kind doctors out there to put up with ones like this who clearly have personality problems.

Posted on December 1st, 2009

I love Dr. Wicker. I have been seeing her for approximately 15 years. I had a serious medical problem last year and Dr. Wicker fully explained several options from which to choose to correct the problem. I ended up having surgery and I am now 100% better, thanks to her knowledge and care. She is gentle and has a wonderful bedside manner. She is an excellent surgeon. I like that she takes time to answer all of my questions and doesn't try to herd me through her office like cattle (which I experienced prior to being her patient).

Posted on November 14th, 2009

Dr wicker is good,she has knowledge but staff and nurses has no knowledge,need better staff