Dr. Donnelly Wilkes Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Donnelly Wilkes?

Posted on October 19th, 2017

I was a patient of Dr. Wilkes 5 years ago. Called to make an appointment today and found out that he has merged with Summit Health Group. Code word for "chi ching"!!!!! Money!!! I was told that their new policy is a mandatory $80 monthly membership fee (excluding insurance) for their extraordinary service. And if I don't enroll and pay then they can't see me. What a bunch of you know what?!?!?!?!?!!!! I'm a doctor and I can't imagine telling ALL my patients that they need to pay a monthly membership just so THEY can come see me because I'm so special. And on top of that scam, they couldn't even give me an appointment for another month. Take your money and your health somewhere else.

Terrible Bedside manor

Posted on August 1st, 2017

I started coming to Wilkes when I moved here 5 years ago, and since he has move to Summit Health care I am not impressed with the way I was treated. I made an appointment because I was just not feeling right. When I met with him he disregarded my symptoms and told me to give it more time. Then I wanted to talk to him about my aching joints and he told me that is not what I was scheduled for and needed to make another appointment for that.....Really? so I had to make a follow up appointment in 6 weeks? I did, I had a 11:30 appointment and arrived 10 minutes early. I went into the exam room at 11:30 and sat there for 30 without anyone to even come in and tell me the Dr was running behind.....nothing. After 30 minutes I walked out and told them I would reschedule, which I had no intention of doing. A few hrs later they called me and had the nerve to tell me If i am in a rush to schedule my appointment earlier. I said "are you blaming me for sitting in your waiting room for 30 minutes and not have the courtesy of telling me anything" At that point I just hung up.

Complete confidence in his quiet and listening attitude. We have never been rushed. He is very calm and asks a lot of questions.

Posted on May 30th, 2017

Dr. Wilkes and staff are superb. I am impressed in his listening skills. Very non judgemental. Wants to learn about YOU, the patient. Recommend!

just feels right...

Posted on March 27th, 2017

I am not really a medicine type of person... I prefer alternative medicine... but I saw how Dr Wilkes handled my patient (I'm a Home Health Provider) with compassion and treated as a human being not a robot by not just prescribing medicine that would ruin his body system. He made sure that with all the prescriptions my Patient's taking does not have adverse reactions .. And because I like what I saw... I decided to have him as my Primary Physician for myself just because ... lol... However, my initial visit gave me confirmation that I made a right decision... Now I am paying attention with my health afterall I am not getting any younger. Thank you Dr. Wilkes for making me believe that life is worth living when we are living a healthy lifestyle ..

Excellent Primary Care Physician

Posted on November 16th, 2010

I found Dr. Wilkes through the AETNA website, and was able to get in right away. His staff is very courteous and polite. His office is neat and clean. More recently, I went in for a heart condition. He performed the correct tests (my parents are both doctors and they agreed with his methods), and zeroed in on the problem. When the test results came in, he spent the time explaining the results ensuring that I understood what they meant. He then presented me with treatment options. Overall, I feel very comfortable with Dr. Wilkes.

Preventive Care

Posted on January 13th, 2010

He is one of the few doctors who still practice preventive treatment. He takes all possible steps to reduce reoccurance. He takes time to find out the source and problem and tries to eradicate it, rather than just treat the symptom.

Wonderful Doctor

Posted on October 6th, 2009

Dr. Wilkes is fantastic. Great bedside manner, competent staff, very thorough in his exams, highly recommended.

Posted on August 13th, 2009

Exceptional and the gold standard of medical care. Dr. Wilkes is driven by integrity, accuracy and compassion.

Posted on April 18th, 2017