Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dora L Anguelova has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 20
I really loved this MD until her office decided to not respond to me for an appt or medication refill. I called for over 10 days. This is consider, if nothing else...unethical and at worst, Malpractice. I have already filed a complaint with my insurance company, next the Medical Board. This is neglect in the worst form. Who treats a patient this way because they might have called your office to many times for a "refill" of a medication you can't cold turkey off of....=seizure. I had an allergic reaction in the mean time to hair color...was seen in the ER and told to follow up with her. I called to get an appointment and nothing. I loved her but this is scary!! What if someone is older and didn't know what to do. Stay away!! You will wait to see her as well. She will spend tons of time with you. Very nice MD but I have now seen how she does her patients. Maybe she is to busy. Even scarier. My neighbor just called me and said the same thing happened to her. So take your chances. I just think the public needs to be aware.
I recently moved to the area and went to Dr. Dora for my annual physical. I have never had a doctor spend as much time talking with me about my medical history and any issues as she did. Her approach to medicine seems very practical and she was not quick to just prescribe a medication. She also appeared very knowledgeable about research in areas where things are changing such as cholesterol numbers, etc.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Dora L Anguelova accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMagnolia General Medicine, 4914 Highway 17, Murrells Inlet, SC
Dr. Dora L Anguelova is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Murrells Inlet, SC.