Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dora O Chizea has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 26
Dr. Chezia is a competent and extremely helpful doctor. She takes the time to thoroughly discuss blood work results and answered all my questions. She assured me and put my mind at ease regarding previous diagnoses, which had been false. All the staff were pleasant and accommodating to me. Prescription refills were taken care of immediately.
Have used this walk in clinic twice first for myself in 2014. I think we also saw a PA. First visit I told the PA I thought I was dehydrated from taking a cruise 10 days prior. She agreed after I told her. Not good experience. Gave me steroids and told me to drink more liquids. In Florida for the winter of 2016. Husband got symptoms of a upper respiratory rather quickly. He just kept feeling worse each day and we noted fever. Why I am not sure but I guess desperation we went back to the walk-in clinic because it is the closest to us. PA told us we had influenza. No test. No real good work up. Gave me a anti-viral med and my husband amoxicillin. That was it. Three days later he was not better and was having difficulty breathing. Knew we had to do something else so I took him to the Punta Gorda ER. They took one look, took him right back to the triage, immediately did an x-ray and a test for influenza, He was diagnosed with pneumonia in both lungs. Breathing treatment, much stronger antibiotic was given and they followed up with us by phone in 48 hours. I went back the next day and was diagnosed with Bronchitis. Appropriate meds given to me. Do not waste your time with the Walk-In clinic. I see where some reviews felt they were overcharged. Our experience was that they took our Medicare/Insurance Info and we paid nothing that day. I am now wondering if we will be getting bills in the mail very soon. I agree there is something "just not right" about this office set up.
45 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Dr. Dora O Chizea accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPunta Gorda Family Medical Walk In, 2310 Tamiami Trl Unit 2101, Punta Gorda, FL
Dr. Dora O Chizea is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Punta Gorda, FL.