Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dora Zaretsky has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Depressive Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Memory Disorders
- Mood Disorders
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
I've seen Dr Dora Zaretsky over the past ten years. She has helped me recover from severe anxiety. At my worst I was too afraid to leave my couch. She saw me often until I was completely recovered with the help of lexipro. I've been very stable now for four years. I love my bi monthly visits. I feel like DR. Zaretsky is the reason I can function and lead a normal life. I am American born, English speaker and of Christian heritage. I couldn't feel safer or more cared for if mother Teresa herself were my care giver.
I will not refer to Dora Zeretsky as a doctor she is not entitled to that title. Saw this person professionally for four years and was told that my previous doctor who saw me for forty-five minute sessions misdiagnosed me. Medications were tempered with and changed towards the end of my relationship with this so called Psychiatrist and almost resulted in a suicide. I am still suffering awaiting medication levels to reach proper therapeutic dose. I am truly suffering with Bipolar Disorder. The mood swings are unbearable. If you had any contact with this quack contact your insurance company and find out what amount of time she billed them for. She never spent more the ten minutes with me.
47 Years Experience
Universidad De Buenos Aires
Graduated in 1971
Kings County Hospital Center
Dr. Dora Zaretsky accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDobo Medical Pc, 7136 110th St Ste 1H, Forest Hills, NY
Dr. Dora Zaretsky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Forest Hills, NY.