Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Doreen L Wiggins has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Doreen L Wiggins has the following 13 expertise
- Child Birth
- Breast Surgery (Mammaplasty)
- Pelvic Exam
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Doreen L Wiggins has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Doreen L Wiggins is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 27
I went yesterday for my first prenatal visit. I was supposed to have an appointment for an ultrasound then the nurse. The ultrasound tech was great, very friendly and informative. The only had the first appointment in their books so the nurse said I would have to come back to meet with a nurse. The same nurse walked me over to schedule the next two appointments, with nurse and doctor, then walked away. After about 10 minutes the receptionist said all the appointments were booked over the next few weeks so she was going to have to put a request in for a nurse to fit me in the schedule and a nurse would call me with appointments. How can I trust the office to deliver my baby if they can't handle scheduling my appointments. I decided to go with another office, so I called to get my ultrasound results sent to my new doctor, they receptionist informed me their lengthy process to obtain my medical records. Stay away from this place!
Dr. Wiggins is a very warm, compassionate doctor who put me at ease right away after a very surprising diagnosis - she has been consistenly encouraging and I could not ask for anyone more understanding and. I feel so lucky that my primary physician put me in touch with her -...
This doctor seemed like a sweet and caring woman but there was something very phony about her. Did not respond well to any difficult questions and over simplified issues to the point of being condescending. Another reviewer mentioned the cell phone thing and I agree. It's a completely hollow gesture since the one time I called it she didn't answer and didn't call back for close to an hour. I found her to be difficult to deal with and I chose another surgeon who was more honest and easier to communicate with.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
30 Years Experience
The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University
Graduated in 1988
Women And Infants Hospital
Dr. Doreen L Wiggins accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
BCBS Rhode Island
- BCBS RI HealthMate Coast to Coast
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts Granite Advantage EPO, PPO and Saver
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Surgical Associates, 2 Dudley St Ste 470, Providence, RI
Dr. Doreen L Wiggins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Providence, RI.