Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Facts about menorrhagia; causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Doris Heilman has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
Showing 5 of 6
Although I *do* like this doctor, it staggers belief that you can be weighed in full winter gear including coat, then be told you're overweight (I'm not). I did point this out, but it made no difference--maddening! I was told to reduce calories and exercise--heck, I exercise daily. It seemed like a prepared speech she gave to me, even though it didn't apply.
From my described symptons, she decided I better have an UltraSound done. What appeared were tumors on both overies which turned out to be "pre-cancerous". Due to female cancer in my mother & grandmother - we decided on a total hysto. The surgery went perfect and I have had no further problems. She has also delivered 2 of my grandchildren! Wouldn't trade her for the world!
Dr. Heilman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Fairbanks Memorial Hospital
48 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1969
University Of Wisconsin Hospital
Dr. Doris Heilman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Premera Heritage Signature
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsINTERIOR WOMENS HEALTH, 1626 30th Ave, Fairbanks, AK
Dr. Doris Heilman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairbanks, AK.