Get the facts about chronic pain, including body parts that are most commonly affected and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Doris Trauner
Dr. Doris Trauner, MD is a Doctor primarily located in La Jolla, CA. She has 41 years of experience. Her specialties include Child Neurology and Neurology. Dr. Trauner is affiliated with UC San Diego Health System, Rady Children's Hospital San Diego and U C S D Med Ctr -Hillcrest, San Diego, Ca. She speaks English.
Dr. Doris Trauner has the following 2 specialties
- Child Neurology
Pediatric neurologists diagnose neurological conditions in children as young as newborn, all the way up to adolescence. They can recommend treatment for sleep disorders, head injuries and headaches, but they also specialize in issues such as epilepsy, seizures and brain tumors.
Their expertise in childhood development and the nervous system make them an excellent resource for parents of children with autism, cerebral palsy, mental development issues or learning disabilities. You can consult with a pediatric neurologist before, during and after diagnosis depending on your child's specific condition and needs.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Asperger Syndrome
- Autism (Autistic Disorder)
- Brain Disorder
- Chronic Brain Damage
- Cognition Disorders
- Infant Disorders
- Kidney Disease
- Mental Retardation
- Perceptual Disorders
- Psychomotor Disorders
- Reye Syndrome
- Seizure Disorders
- Speech Disorders
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Trauner is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UC San Diego Health System
Rady Children's Hospital San Diego
U C S D Med Ctr -Hillcrest, San Diego, Ca
41 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
University Of California At San Diego
Dr. Doris Trauner accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUc San Diego Student Health Services, 9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Doris Trauner in this video.
Dr. Doris Trauner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near La Jolla, CA.