Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Dorothea M Hoover
Dr. Dorothea M Hoover, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mather, CA. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. She speaks English.
Dr. Dorothea M Hoover has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Dorothea M Hoover has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Dorothea M Hoover has 0 board certified specialties
Showing 5 of 6
This doctor does not listen to me, and interrupts me when I try to explain something to her. I attend appointments with a close friend, who takes notes on my condition between visits, and records advice during visits. She is quite obvious in her dislike of a second person present. She treats me disrespectfully, shouting and talking down to me. If I have more than one problem during a check up, she complains that she "cannot deal with them in the time allotted." Her appearance is not professional; over the last year or so, her hair is not even combed. She does refer me to necessary specialists. Staff members kid around about her demeanor. If your time is more important than your health, see Dr. Hoover. Otherwise, I cannot recommend her.
Dr. Hoover is rude, argumentative and brisk. She makes absolutely no attempt to bond or find common ground with her patient. In my opinion Dr. Hoover does not care about people in general. Dr. Hoover does not want to here what her patients have to say. It is rush, rush, and rush. I can not say that she is incompetent because I'm not a medical professional. I would never recommend her to anyone that I know. Dr. Hoover's bedside manner is so poor that I would not trust her with my health concerns. I personally asked the VA to assign me another physician.
Uc Davis Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVA Northern California Health Care System, 10535 Hospital Way, Mather, CA
Dr. Dorothea M Hoover is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mather, CA.