Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dorothy M Beazley has the following 2 specialties
- Maternal & Fetal Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Hot Flashes
Showing 4 of 4
I was seeing Dr Beazley for my second pregnancy knowing I was going to have some issues but Dr Beazley gave a whole new meaning to crying wolf. Our first issue was a VSD in my son's heart which she began by telling me out son would "more than likely" need open heart surgery. Weeks later both holes in my son's heart healed. At my next visit she "diagnosed" my son as having a duodenal artresia in his small bowl and that he would need to be taken by c section in Boston and rushed to surgery and would spend 4-6 weeks in the NICU. She also went on to tell me that she was 95% sure this was the case and that at 35 weeks I was now dealing with a 40% chance of downs syndrome and that out of state I could terminate up to 37 weeks and that I should do an amnio just to be sure. For over a week my family and I grieved with such upsetting news that we decided to have an MRI to confirm her diagnosis and to prepare for the worst. Come to find out she was BEYOND wrong and that I can deliver naturally locally and the cyst in my son's abdomen may or may not need to be operated on at some point in his life. Dr Beazley should have not gone into such detail knowing an ultrasound couldn't have diagnosed a DA and simply suggested an MRI to get a real diagnosis and to take it from there. I feel like she cried wolf one too many times and hearing Her own colleagues confirm how inappropriate her statements were I've decided to write a letter of concern to her Chief of Staff at Tufts. Her bed side manner is both alarming and upsetting. Some people would have made some serious decisions based on her word alone!
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
28 Years Experience
New York College Of Osteopathic Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Sisters Charity Healthcare System
Dr. Dorothy M Beazley accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Dorothy M Beazley is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Boston, MA.