Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dorothy Butler MD, PHD
Dr. Dorothy Butler, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenville, NC, with another office in Greenville, NC. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology and Family Medicine. Dr. Butler is affiliated with Bertie Memorial Hospital, Roanoke-Chowan Hospital and Beaufort County Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Dorothy Butler has 2 locations
Dr. Dorothy Butler has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Dorothy Butler has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Butler is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bertie Memorial Hospital
Beaufort County Hospital
Pitt County Memorial Hospital
Beaufort County Hosp, Washington, Nc
23 Years Experience
The University of Texas at Houston
Graduated in 1990
Locations & Directions
Dr. Dorothy Butler is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Greenville, NC.