Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dorothy S Martinez
Dr. Dorothy S Martinez, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Martinez is affiliated with UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica. Dr. Martinez has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Dorothy S Martinez has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Dorothy S Martinez has the following 20 expertise
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Nutrition Disorders
- Osteitis Deformans (Paget's Disease)
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Thyroid Diseases
- Cholesterol Management
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
Dr. Dorothy S Martinez has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
Still having hypothyroid symptoms so she raised my T4 dose then insisted I go on anti-depressants instead of spending the time to help me with my symptoms of muscle pains and cramps. I didn't go on anti-depressants and didn't go back to her. You could do much better for hypothyroid problems. If it isn't any easy case, don't go to her.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Martinez is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
Ucla Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsRonald Reagan Ucla Medical Center, 757 Westwood Plz, Los Angeles, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Dorothy S Martinez in this video.
Dr. Dorothy S Martinez is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.