Dr. Dorothy Nelder Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Dorothy Nelder?

Posted on October 15th, 2012

Dr.Nelder is a Good doctor, she just needs a Good Staff of workers. They could care less about any patient & let you know it in a hurry. Treating you like crap. They treat the ones who abuse drugs Better than the ones who are really needing medicine.

Undervalued, caring

Posted on February 10th, 2012

At one of my visits to Dr. Nelder, I asked her why she continued to practice in a place where she wasn't appreciated, and was treated with disrespect from many of her (in my opinion, trashy) patients. Her reply was simple: If I weren't here, there would be many low income and elderly people who would not have access to medical care. Needless to say, I was taken aback. Here is a doctor who works just as hard, and in many cases, much harder than her fellows in a marginal, at best, community where she is often berated and disrespected because she refuses to hand out narcotic medications at the demand of anyone who walks in the door.I have been a patient of Dr. Nelder as long as I have lived in this area. She is a caring, and from what I've personally experienced, thorough physician.

Not good

Posted on February 7th, 2012

Leaves too many important decisions to staff members.

Fix things or more patients will leave

Posted on March 31st, 2011

I went to Dr Nelder on a referral from one of my husbands counselors. I had no insurance because I became to sick to work so I always paid in cash in full. She recommended me to hospice due to my illness and they were a God send until Dr Nelder and her staff interferred. I was getting my medications etc through hospice every two weeks and never had to worry that I wouldnt have my meds until she decided she wanted to handle everything. All of the sudden my scripts werent right I was going 2 or 3 days without meds because the office staff cant read a calendar (BTW I have cancer and have been on heavy narcotics for 2 years withdrawl from that hurts a lot). So when I couldnt get the staff to work with me to fax in the scripts and get the dates right I changed doctors. Now hospice needs my medical records they never recieved with my referral and the office staff will not give them to hospice and they treat them terrible when they ask about it. I understand she has patients that are only there drug seeking but for those of us that she knows has legitamate issues we shouldnt be treated like the seekers are......I expect professionalism when I go into an office. I am courteous to staff and expect them to be the same with me but you dont get that there. I think Dr Nelder herself could actually be a wonderful doctor if she fired her staff and started all over new.

Treated Dirty

Posted on December 16th, 2009

This is one of the most unprofesional offices I have ever Visited. I am a home care assistant and carried a private client to Dr.Nelder'soffice.It was dirty the staff rude and hateful to 98% of the paitents. My client had an appointment at 10 O'clock and we waited till 12:45 we were placed in a clean room and waited till 1:30 p.m.When Dr.Nelder came in her clothes were dingy the lab coat stained her hair was dirty and her BODY smelled like she had been in the hoy sun working.She only walked past me and I couldnot believe this was a DOCORT.My client was briefly checked and the Dr.wasked out the door saying your perscriptions will be at the front dest.They had a dirrerent hand writting than Dr.Nelder but her signatuer was on the bottom Two were STAMPED in BLACK that said MUST LAST 30 DAYS. I could not believe what I had just experinced.My client is on MEDICADE and it's a shame that she has to settle for this type of care. That DR.HER STAFF aans EVERY PERSON I SAW on THE STAFF NEED A TO BE REPORTED TO THE HEALTH DEPT.AND the Alamama Medical Board. Cleaniless SHOULD be A MUST FOR THAT OFFICE. And by thr was.The Docror was Picking at the Pimples on her face the whole time she talked to my client and then Touched HER without WASHING the hands that had just Been on her face picling at Whiet Heads. Is This the care sick and Elderly people deserve? NO!!!!

uncaring