Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dorothy A Okeefe has the following 3 specialties
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Substance Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Depressive Disorder
- Birth Control
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I had gone for a few years and tried many meds on my son. Every visit with Dr. O'Keefe she had me in tears and even once my ex husband got up and left. My last apt she told me no meds will fix how I am a bad parent. Wow. She also has no personality, she hardly smiles, she is rude, I could keep going. I had stayed with her for so long cause I hate change bit now that my son is getting worse I have to have someone take this more serious. Not just tell me he needs a better environment. You can even look at her and tell she is not friendly.
Both myself and my younger sister have tried to go to Dr. O'Keefe, and both of us had awful experiences. I went in with chronic depression, trying to find a medication that worked. She took me off my antidepressants and began to treat me for OCD- something that I never before had been diagnosed with and have not been diagnosed with since. She did not listen, and was never friendly. With my sister it was worse. When Dr. O'Keefe learned that my mom, who has Anxiety disorder, adopted my sister, she said "Anxious parents raise anxious kids," and went on to tell my mom (in front of my preteen sister) that she should not have adopted my sister. It's safe to say we left and never looked back. Dr. O'Keefe is horribly cold, unprofessional, and rude. I would 100% NOT recommend.
I would not recommend Dr. O' Keefe to anyone. She has left such a bad impression on me that I will not bring my child to anyone associated with her practice. She doesn't have the personality or compassion to work effectively with children and their families. She seems cold, unfriendly, and rigid. No consideration for the individual needs of each child; each is treated in a cookie cutter fashion. Perhaps she used to care more, but is now burned out and needs to retire.
Dr. Okeefe is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Dorothy A Okeefe accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDominion Behavioral Healthcare, 2305 N Parham Rd Ste 3, Henrico, VA
Dr. Dorothy A Okeefe is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Henrico, VA.