Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dorothy A Pedtke has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Pedtke is an excellent doctor. She is a doctor who listens to her patients. She is a very intelligent doctor that has helped me get my body in balance. She is also very warm offering a hug and words of encouragement for your medical condition. Her assistant Carol gets A+ for returning your calls and offering lots of support. Dr. Pedtke is a cut above the rest!!!!
Great Doctor, and so caring. Knows her stuff. Popular Doctor in Born Clinic so little harder to get in to see. I don't like waiting, but thats what you get with a busy office. Once you see the Doctor her focused is on your needs and concerns. :) If you like alternative and regular medicine together to find the best health solution for you this is the Clinic and Doctor to see. Wish the clinic was closer to my home - 3 hrs drive one way. Highly recommend her as well as the clinic to all my friends.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
19 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Dr. Dorothy A Pedtke accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBorn Preventive Health Care Clinic Pc, 3700 52nd St SE, Grand Rapids, MI
Dr. Dorothy A Pedtke is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.