Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Dorothy P Shaffer has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Dorothy P Shaffer has the following 9 expertise
- Chelation Therapy
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Dorothy P Shaffer has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 11
I have been a long time patient at Full Spectrum Healthcare. Although, I am charged an annual fee it is next to impossible to schedule an appointment outside of preventative care. If you need to see the Dr. the same day, because you are ill...you can forget about it. I have had to go to Urgent Care on several occasions because the physician has been unavailable to see me and the most frustrating thing is that I recently contacted the office (medical receptionist) to inform them that I am allergic to a medication and the next time I suffered with a sinus infection the physician called in the very same medication I had previously contacted the office to inform them that I am allergic too. The front desk staff (receptionist) has always been rude and unsympathetic whenever I call to attempt to get a same day appointment regarding my recurring sinus infections, flu, etc. When people call they are usually ill...it is a doctor's office...show some human empathy/genuine concern. Needless to say, I have pretty much had it with the rudeness and the incompetence of the front desk staff and I have finally decided to move on. Good riddance. Suggestions to improve patient satisfaction: 1.Open a non-emergency email account where patients can email the Dr. their questions or concerns (prescriptions questions, refills, etc.) 2.If a patient calls when they are ill and can not get an appointment, at a minimum the physician should call them back and reach out to the patient to find out how they are doing. 3.Teach the front desk staff basic customer service and how to express empathy to sick patients.
Dr. Shaffer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
25 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1993
Dr. Dorothy P Shaffer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsFull Spectrum Health, 3836 Reading Rd, Cincinnati, OH
Dr. Dorothy P Shaffer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Cincinnati, OH.