Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Dorsey Ligon
Dr. Dorsey Ligon, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Grand Rapids, MI. He has 43 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Ligon is affiliated with Spectrum Health Kelsey Memorial Health Center and Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services. Dr. Ligon has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Dorsey Ligon has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Laser Surgery
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Child Birth
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 38
I have had very bitter experience with other OBGYN in the area and it was always a 15-20 minutes wait on PHONE before I could get to even talk to an assistant. But with Dr. Ligo's office, it is so easy to get to some one on phone. I was even able to talk to the doctor directly. He has very good bedside manners. He goes an extra mile to help you out. He cares. His staff is really good too. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Ligon to all my friends and family.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2012, 2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Ligon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1975
Dr. Dorsey Ligon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Spectrum Health
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsArea-Wide Ob/Gyn Health Service, 80 68th St SE # 301, Grand Rapids, MI
Dr. Dorsey Ligon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.