Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas A Friesen MD
Dr. Douglas A Friesen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wichita, KS, with other offices in Wichita, KS and Hutchinson, KS (and 1 other location). He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine. Dr. Friesen is affiliated with Hutchinson Regional Medical Center, Summit Surgical and Wesley Rehabilitation Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas A Friesen has 4 locations
1708 E 23rd Ave
Hutchinson, KS 67502
1708 E 23rd Ave
Hutchinson, KS 67502
Book Online Now
Dr. Douglas A Friesen has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Douglas A Friesen has the following 4 expertise
- Chronic Pain
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy
- Cancer Pain
- Acute Pain
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas A Friesen - Posted on March 5th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Friesen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
- University Of Kansas Medi
University Of Kansas School Of Medicine
Dr. Douglas A Friesen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Douglas A Friesen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Wichita, KS.