Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas A Powell DO
Dr. Douglas A Powell, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Minot, ND, with other offices in Sioux City, IA and Lincoln, NE . He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Vascular and Interventional Radiology and Radiology. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas A Powell has 3 locations
Dr. Douglas A Powell has the following 2 specialties
- Vascular and Interventional Radiology
Interventional radiologists, also known as vascular radiologists, use minimally-invasive imaging techniques to diagnose conditions in your organs and blood vessels. For example, if you need an angiography (an x-ray of the arteries) to diagnose a blockage in your blood vessels, your doctor will refer you to an interventional radiologist. They can, if needed, perform an angioplasty to open up the blocked passage.
They’re also trained to perform needle biopsies, insert stents, treat varicose veins and obstructions of the urinary tract (possibly due to kidney stones) and can help with dangerous postpartum bleeding. They treat various types of fibroids and embolization, which is a clot, air bubble or other blockage in the bloodstream. While the types of imaging procedures they perform are more invasive than x-rays done to identify broken bones, pain levels and recovery time are usually minimal.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
28 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Douglas A Powell Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Medica Choice
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Douglas A Powell is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Minot, ND.