Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas C Altenbern Jr has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Douglas C Altenbern Jr has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Douglas C Altenbern Jr has the following 11 expertise
- Prostate Cancer
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Kidney Stones
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Urinary Incontinence
- Bladder Issues
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Urologic Emergencies
Dr. Douglas C Altenbern Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
32 Years Experience
Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Sc Medical Center
Dr. Douglas C Altenbern Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Douglas C Altenbern Jr
As a leading healthcare provider in Tennessee, Kentucky and Northern Georgia, TriStar Healths physicians are proud to provide the most comprehensive services and quality care throughout the communities we serve. With approximately 5,300 physicians in our network, it is easy to find a doctor with a location and hours convenient for you. From routine checkups, immunizations and screenings, to more advanced specialty care, TriStar Health physicians provide state-of-the-art technology, expertise and experience to meet your health and wellness needs. For more information or to request an appointment, call TriStar MedLine(r) at 615-342-1919 or 800-242-5662.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas C Altenbern Jr, MD - Urology in Nashville, TN, in this video.
Dr. Douglas C Altenbern Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Nashville, TN.