- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas K Armbrister MD
Dr. Douglas K Armbrister, MD is a doctor primarily located in Marion, VA, with another office in Marion, VA. Their specialties include General Surgery. They speak English.
Dr. Douglas K Armbrister has 2 locations
Dr. Douglas K Armbrister has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Douglas K Armbrister has the following 2 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
Dr. Douglas K Armbrister Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Douglas K Armbrister
Born in Brazil, Dr. Teixeira received his medical degree at the University of Bahia in Brazil. Soon thereafter, he completed his residency in pediatrics at Johns Hopkins University/Baltimore City Hospital and his fellowship at the University of Illinois in Chicago. He also finished a research fellowship at The Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Canada and traineeship in electrophysiology at The Medical University of South Carolina and The Hospital for Sick Children. He is board certified by the American board of Pediatrics and holds a pediatric cardiology certificate from Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. In addition, he is a fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American College of Cardiology and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Dr. Teixeira knew he wanted to be a physician during his high school years when he became interested in health and fitness issues. The old motto "mens sana in corpore sano" embrace the goals of his life. Pediatrics was an early choice of his career because of his true love of children. One of the things that led him to pediatric cardiology was the need to use clinical skills to help children experiencing heart problems. Dr. Teixeira has special interests in invasive cardiology, noninvasive cardiology, syncope and tilt-table testing, management of hypertension and hyperlipidemia, in addition to Kawasaki Syndrome. Now residing in Johnson City, Dr. Teixeira enjoys spending his leisure time with his family. His hobbies and interests include gardening, jogging and long-distance cycling. An avid nature lover, Dr. Teixeira enjoys the outdoor life that East Tennessee offers.