Dr. Douglas Avella Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Avella?

Posted on March 2nd, 2017

My daughter Jillian has been a patient of Dr. Avella for years. She recently had knee surgery and I love that he treats his patients as his own family. She was very comfortable how he explained everything to her and I was very satisfied with the time he took with us after surgery to let us know what was done. He did not leave her bedside until all our questions were answered. he is the best and I would recommend him to anyone who needed an ortho. Dr.

Excellent doctor

Posted on January 12th, 2016

Terrible

Posted on February 25th, 2014

I heard a lot of great things about Dr. Avella from other parents. When I brought my son there, it was an extremely long wait (roughly 1.5 hours) with no seats available. The woman at the front desk was very rude when I asked her how long the wait would approx. be. Once we got in the exam room, all he seemed to talk about was his home in Lavallette. Not impressed by him. I will NOT be going to him again.

Posted on October 16th, 2013

Dr. Avella is a genius doctor, there is no other pediatric orthopedic surgeon in New Jersey worth seeing. when my daughter was 7 months old, Dr. Avella performed bi-lateral club foot surgery on her. three months later he operated again to remove pins in one of her feet. She would not have walked if not for this surgery. We saw Dr. Avella every six months for the first 12 years of her life so she could be fitted for orthotics, and at every appointment he was always patient, courtesy and caring. I would recommend him highly. Best doctor ever.

The Best. No contest!

Posted on February 26th, 2013

Doctor Avella is the kindest, most compassionate and most intelligent physician that I have had the pleasure to meet. He has won the highest respect from patients and colleagues alike. He treated my daughter with kindness and patience while healing her. A rare find..an amazing doctor.

THE BEST

Posted on June 5th, 2012

I am a coach and parent. He treats everyone as if they are his own children. He is #1! It's that simple.

Thank You!

Posted on May 11th, 2012

Although, His office isn't close to my house and it's quite a drive. I still consider going out to his office for the love and dedication he shows in his work.

Amazing Doctor

Posted on April 4th, 2012

First off let me say that it's been 14 years since I was treated by doctor Avella and I still remember his name. When I was 9 years old I had a limp and nothing showed on my X-rays so dr avella decided to do an MRI just to be sure nothing was there. Thankfully he did because the next morning I was rushed into surgery because I had eosinophillic granuloma. Thanks to Dr. Avella and Tommorws Children I am here today. He is an amazing doctor that I will never forgot, and feel I owe my life to.

Diagnosis

Posted on April 13th, 2010

Dr. Avella, diagnosed my son with the legg-calve perthes disease and saved my son from having limp when walking, at the age of 4-1/2 years old.

Posted on October 24th, 2017