3.8

Have you seen Dr. Douglas E Beckwith?

I'm a patient of his

Dr Beckwith invests a lot of time and heart into caring for his patients. He's honest, compassionate, and treats you like a friend by sitting down talking to you during your visit. He keeps up with current medical discussions and studies. He is open-minded and very insightful. I very highly recommend him to everyone I know and care about.

Mr.

Dr. Beckwith has been my primary care physician for five years and 2 1/2 years ago he diagnosed me with two very serious health issues. The first was a heart condition that required surgery to correct and the second was a tumor on my spinal cord. Both surgeries were successful and Dr. Beckwith was the key contributor towards that end.

Great Overall Physician

This doctor was randomly listed as my primary care when I received my Medicaid card. And they hit a home run. This doctor is extremely personable, very courteous, and took 45 minutes with me discussing my depression and anxiety. He makes you feel like a person, not a number. I was dropped from my previous VCC (for the uninsured) insurance, and he had no problems continuing prescribing my controlled meds, after verification of course. The wait time is between 30 minutes and an hour, appointment or not, but the staff, the cleanliness of the facility, and the knowledge Dr. Beckwith has along with his ability to connect to his patient and make you feel like your care is of the utmost importance more than makes up for the wait times. I would recommend this doctor to ANYONE that is tired of the -- "Hi. I'm Dr. Feelgood, what's wrong? "Well I have been.." "Ok I see, here take these 4 meds and call me in 3 months" -- type of doctors.

I don't know who said this doctor isn't personable but I think they are either one of those impossible to please types or someone with a grudge. My experience has been the exact opposite. I've dealt with a lot of doctors over the years due to moving around, kids, insurance changes, etc. Dr. Beckwith is by FAR the best. I've never felt like a number but as a person. He listens. He communicates. He chats with us about our lives, interests, etc. I've never felt rushed but I've also never waited long for an appointment. He gets to know his patients. I've also had the exact opposite experience of the "pushing drugs" critique. He actually recommended against prescription drugs for a few issues. We're going to be moving again soon and one of the things I'll miss most about this area is this office. Not only is Dr. Beckwith the best doctor we've ever dealt with but the rest of the staff, nurses, PAs, and receptionists are all very kind, friendly, professional people.

Worst Doctor's Office in the Area!

I was consistantly treated like a second class citizen by the overly obnoxious ad condescending Dr. Beckwith. He does not take the time to actually listen to his patients, and it seems he assumes everyone he see's is an idoit. The service is extremley poor, with wait times over an hour EVERY single visit, regardless of having scheduled an appointment! After he wrote a prescription for my son for the wrong medication, I waited for nearly an hour just to have his office change it to the proper medication, only to be told that he would not re write it, nor would he even step out to speak with me unless I made an apointment! This office does not seem to care that people work and can't keep taking days off because they can't write a proper prescrtiption the first time around, and why in god's name should I have to pay for an office visit to have him correct his error? I have had with their rude and inadequate care, and guarantee I will never step foot in this office again!

Dr. Beckwith

Very friendly physician. Knowledgeable, respectable to his patients. Spends at least 45 minutes speaking with you and displays true concern for you the patient and care and helps to resolve any of your concerns. I would recommend him to anyone.

Dr. Beckwith does not like second opinions. Does not want patient input. Pushes too many drugs on patients and becomes angry if patient refuses or disagrees with him. Belittles patient's knowledge of own health problems and drug side effects. Would not recommend anyone go to this doctor.

Dr. Douglas E Beckwith is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chester, VA.

Dr. Douglas E Beckwith Is this you?