Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas N Boylan has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Joint Replacement
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Nice guy and seems knowledgeable, but missed my diagnosis. I went to him complaining that my fracture never healed, another doctor confirmed this, and wanted to hear my options since I was in pain still. He told me that nonunions are very rare and that it wasn't the reason for my pain. Well, I had the MRI and sure enough it was a nonunion. The small fracture was still there from months ago. I saw a specialized orthopedic surgeon, apparently one of the best in his field, who told me that the nonunion was beginning to cause me arthritis, also seen on the MRI, from it being so longstanding. This would only get worse unless I got it treated and it explained why the pain came back. I had surgery shortly after and am now completely better and back to myself and can do everything I was able to do before I got injured. Very grateful I sought the second opinion and got it taken care of. Overall though, Dr. Boylan seems like an excellent doctor, definitely spends time with his patients, but I wish he wasn't so dismissive and listened to me a little more early on. I think he is better for general things- meniscus tears, etc but for more specialized injuries I would like elsewhere.
He listens to you, and spends time with you, which I really liked. More importantly though, if the condition is too specialized he'll refer you to a more specialized orthopedist who can help. Some doctors are too arrogant they won't admit when they're not comfortable treating something. He isn't one of them and I appreciated it because I was able to get the treatment I needed to get better.
I was so pleased with this appointment I'd go back to him for any orthopaedic issue. I told my sister about him who also had an appointment and she said he was awesome. He is polite and very thorough.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014, 2013, 2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
25 Years Experience
Chicago Medical School At Rosalind Franklin University Of Medicine & Science
Graduated in 1993
University Of Utah Health Care
Dr. Douglas N Boylan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas N Boylan in this video.
Dr. Douglas N Boylan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Doylestown, PA.