Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas C Brown has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Bone Fracture
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Fractures
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Herniated Disc
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Surgery
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
I knew when we went in for our first appt that my dad needed knee replacement! Dr Brown and staff took time to explain everything to him in detail so he would understand all that was going to happen. He did really well and had quick healing time. He was 76 at the time and 9 months later had the other knee done. He was 77 by then. We have been very happy with Dr. Brown with the time he puts in with the patients and taking care of us. Also has an awesome PA. !
Dr. Brown is an amazing doctor. He is friendly, fairy quick, and an overall great doctor. He has operated twice on me, twice on my mom, once on my brother, and numerous times on my dad. The entire staff, not only in his office but the entire surgery center, is extraordinary. I have absolutely no complaints and nothing but praise for them all!
50 Years Experience
University Of Virginia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1968
Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation
Dr. Douglas C Brown accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsOrthopedic Center Of Monroe, 312 Grammont St Ste 302, Monroe, LA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas C Brown in this video.
Dr. Douglas C Brown is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Monroe, LA.