Dr. Douglas Chepeha Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Douglas Chepeha?

So Far So Good

Posted on November 14th, 2017

I had my first appointment with Dr Chepeha on Oct 3/2017 at TGH. On my follow up on Nov 7/2017 he outlined all possibilities to me so I could make an informed decision about my condition moving forward. Impressed so far. Very focused Dr. great teacher from my observation. I have decided to proceed with my thyroid surgery with Dr.Chepeha

Posted on September 12th, 2015

Dr. Chepeha is an excellent doctor, he is caring and thorough. He is truly there for his patients and put my mind at ease. Would highly recommend him.

Posted on April 26th, 2015

Excellent physician, assistant nurse needs fired!

A great Doctor with a wonderful staff

Posted on January 17th, 2014

My ENT Doctor could not figure out what was wrong with me so she sent me to UOM to see Dr. Chepeha. I arrived at around midnight on a Friday night and was seen by 3 doctors right away. Dr. Chepeha and Dr. Spector saved my life and gave me back my quality of life. His staff especially Tammi and the 4th floor nurses who took care of me are angels. I would recommend This great Hospital and all the nurses and Doctors there.

Posted on October 28th, 2013

I almost died while I was an inpatient at the University of Michigan under the "care" of this physician. I had an infection of my surgical site and was asking for medical aide. Instead, no one helped me. My nurse discharged me and I was told to leave the hospital. I could not even get out of my hospital bed, let alone leave the hospital. This went on for hours. My brother-in-law, a physician himself, paged my U of M physician and told him to "get out of the OR and go check on me." The physician ended up doing an emergency bedside incision & drainage to drain pus around the infected site and open my airway. This was not documented in my medical record. I had to stay in the hospital an additional 10 days and received another surgery. After discharge I had to repeatedly ask for follow-up care. I had more infections and had to have several more surgeries to try and fix the damage from the original post-op infection. The response and documentation by this physician to my post-op problems was unacceptable. Very sad that this behavior is going on and vulnerable patients are made to suffer.

A godsend at a difficult time

Posted on June 12th, 2013

A great surgeon as well as a fantastic and kind human being.

Amazing Doctor

Posted on May 10th, 2013

My father and I are both alive because of this man. Two doctors had written my dad off - stage IV cancer. Dr. Chepeha treated him. Years later, my dad is still here and is a survivor. The first doctor I had a consult with told me not to expect to survive my surgery. I'm here...This man is the best of the best.

Posted on September 4th, 2012

Dr. Chepeha and staff are the best of the best. I am really happy he is my Doctor. I nwiah all my Doctors where as good as him

Posted on June 13th, 2012

I went to Dr. Chepeha for a second opinion when my cancer resurfaced after 7 years. His caring professional approach put me at ease. I trust him completely.

wonderful dr.

Posted on March 31st, 2012

Posted on February 28th, 2012

Dr Chepeha is the best of the best. His medical knowledge and expertise are outstanding. You are not just another patient to him you are a person . He takes his time toget to know you. When I came to Dr. Chepeha my other Doctors have given up on me and I was in deep depression and ready to give up. He took my case onand treated me and give my life back to me. At no point was he ready to give up .My only regret was I didnt go him in the first place for my surgery. He is wonderful.Dr. Chepehas staff are also outstanding and very helpful. They all are complete professionals.

Posted on February 28th, 2012

Dr. Chepeha has been treating me for twelve years. I feel I always get excellent care. He is a kind, caring doctor and the treatment I have received the past twelve years has been wonderful. I know without him I would not be here today. I would say that his staff is just great, very helpful. Dr. Chepeha listens and answers your questions truthfully. No matter how down you might be feeling a visit to him lifts your spirts. All of my cancer treatment has been at the University of Michigan hospital and it has always been a positive experience.