Get the important facts about acne, including the different types and what causes it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas H Chin has the following 2 specialties
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Plastic Surgery
A plastic surgery specialist is a physician with extensive training in the execution of plastic surgery procedures.
Plastic surgery is the use of surgical procedures to rebuild or reshape injured or misshapen body parts. Congenital defects, such as a cleft lip or palate, can be corrected by a plastic surgery specialist. Injuries sustained during auto accidents also may require the services of a plastic surgery specialist. These procedures fall under the category of reconstructive plastic surgery.
The other category of plastic surgery is cosmetic plastic surgery. Plastic surgery specialists often perform procedures like breast augmentation, face lifts, tummy tucks, liposuction, and lip injection as elective surgeries for patients who wish to make aesthetic improvements.
- Dupuytren's Contracture
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Chin gave me surgery yesterday, and I thought that he, his office staff, and surgery professionals gave me good service and were kind. Although my procedure was not that complicated (and therefore my experience with them limited), I felt that I was listened to and that I got the treatment I was looking for, and that any special requests I had were honored. I had another surgery last week with a different medical team, and I have to say that with Dr. Chin and his office there was less uncertainty, more preparedness, less leaving it up to the patient to confirm the details, and that the wait time on the day of the surgery (which is a nerve-wracking time) was much shorter with Dr. Chin.
This man only cares about money he is a good surgeon,but uncaring And gives no follow up I was juggled around appointments changed and he would not see or communicate with me when I had problemsFind someone else .. Also the place he performed surgery(which he owns) gave me a mouth infection that sentme tomy dentist and put me on antibiotics........
Dr. Chin's entire office is a delight. They cater to your personal needs and make sure that you are comfortable through your entire visit. Dr. Chin's bedside manner couldn't be better - he is kind and takes time to understand his cases and does the procedure most suitable to the patient. Lucky for us, his work is just as wonderful as his bedside manner. Dr. Chin and all of his staff are incredibly caring and I would give them all highest marks in every category.
I saw Dr. Chin several times over the course of a few months and was disappointed in the treatment I received. Time and again Dr. Chin was rushed, dismissive and full of himself, not bothering to explain much of what he understood of my condition as it progressed or to explain his treatment; it was eerily reminiscent of the old fashioned doctor-patient scenes with the passive patient facing doctor knows all and knows best. This was certainly not the caring attention I had expected given the positive review(s) I had read on Yelp. Needless to say, I would not recommend Dr. Douglas Chin to anyone unless they feel like putting up with a haughty and altogether unpleasant physician.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
24 Years Experience
Harvard Medical School
Graduated in 1994
New York University
Dr. Douglas H Chin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsChin & Lau Mds, 80 Grand Ave Ste 810, Oakland, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas H Chin in this video.
Dr. Douglas H Chin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.