Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Douglas J Chonko
Dr. Douglas J Chonko, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Akron, OH. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Chonko is affiliated with Western Reserve Hospital. Dr. Chonko has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas J Chonko has the following 2 specialties
- Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Douglas J Chonko has the following 5 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Douglas J Chonko has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 45
Dr Chonko scheduled a follow up visit after my initial visit. He then advised me that I should cancel the appointment if the condition progressed as he described. I felt this was an excellent way to proceed and eliminated the need for a subsequent visit. I appreciated that he valued my time and did not want me to come for a visit just to be told that the problem was resolved.
Dr. Chonko is an excellent Doctor and Surgeon. He has operated on me 4 times in the past and I have a right knee scope scheduled for 6-28-16. The problem is not with Dr. Chonko. It's with the office staff. as of 13 days before the procedure, I have still not been scheduled!!!! In the past, all of my procedures were scheduled at least 2 weeks before. I already scheduled my pre-op testing but still have not had my surgery schedueled. Not sure why. Also, it is very hard to get in touch with anyone at his office. I know he is very much in demand and respected but the office people should get back with callers especially when it pertains to scheduling of the surgery. But, like I said, Dr. Chonko is excellent!!!
Did a bilateral knee replacement on my family member. Did not do a thorough pre-surgical workup, as my family member ended up in respiratory failure d/t a condition that should have been caught. At a follow up appt the Dr had very little to say, did not educate us in precautions or further expectations. It was like pulling teeth to get answers. Some serious social skill issues.
Dr. Chonko is an excellent surgeon. My only complaints are with his office staff. It took three months for them to schedule my surgery and when I called them to get antibiotics for a dentist appointment, his staff told me that I had to get them from my dentist. It's Dr. Chonko who said I need to take them, not my dentist, so his office should be calling in the prescriptions!
I was seen at Cuyahoga Falls Gen Hosp when I slipped and fell at work and fractured my kneecap. Dr Doug Chonko was my physician that afternoon. He was very gentle and considerate when delivering the news that it was ,indeed fractured. He took care of me for the next 6 months . I felt I was in the best of care.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2009, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2016, 2017, 2018)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
Dr. Chonko is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1998
Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital
Dr. Douglas J Chonko accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Health Network Option Open Access
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Aultcare HMO
- Aultcare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Buckeye Ambetter Balanced
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthSpan Access PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Medical Mutual of Ohio
- MMOH SuperMed POS Select
- MMOH SuperMed PPO Plus
- SummaCare Select Fully Insured
The Health Plan of Upper OH
- Health Plan of Upper Ohio PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Star Orthopaedics, 999 N Main St, Akron, OH
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas J Chonko, DO - Adult Reconstructive Orthopaedic Surgery in Akron, OH, in this video.
Dr. Douglas J Chonko is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Akron, OH.