Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas D Davies has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Holistic Health
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Migraine Disorder
Showing 5 of 8
Just an amazingly friendly doctor who is not afraid of telling you exactly what part you may play or not play in your own healthcare. He will go the extra mile for you but he will expect complete honesty and for you to be open to trying other therapies besides medication. But he will not take your meds away. I think he is in this work to seriously help people.. So you need to learn to help yourself. If not .. Forget it and don't waste his time. Oh yeah and the front office manager IS GOOD!!! So call of you are going to be late or can't make it! The office is extremely busy and booked all the time. But there is always room for someone truly dedicated to getting better!
I am a friend of one his patients, this man was so RUDE to me that I felt compelled to write an honest review of the situation. I left work early today to accompany a friend to an appt. I went for moral support and wanted to offer some insight about her medical situation due to increase of pain lately. As soon as he called her name, we both got up, walked into his office...I took one step in his office and he turned to me and said "I don't need you." I said, you don't need me? She said this is my friend....he wasn't having it. I heard this guy was a jerk but I witnessed it first hand. There was no hello I'm Doc Davies or I appreciate you being here and wanting to help but I'd like to speak to the patient alone. I would've respected that. He represents the kind of doctor I'm happy I don't have. My doctors take the time to get to the root of the problem. That's the truth.
30 Years Experience
Baylor College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Lac Usc Medical Center
Dr. Douglas D Davies accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDrl Med Inc, 6404 Wilshire Blvd Ste 701, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Douglas D Davies is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.