Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas J Darlin MD
Dr. Douglas J Darlin has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
Dr. Douglas J Darlin has the following 7 expertise
- Bladder Issues
- Prostate Cancer
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
Dr. Douglas J Darlin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas J Darlin - Posted on October 24th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas J Darlin - Posted on August 10th, 2018
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas J Darlin - Posted on August 9th, 2018
Approximately 5 years ago I was diagnosed with bladder cancer and I was fortunate enough to be referred to Dr. Darlin as my Urologist. Dr. Darlin performed surgery to remove the cancerous cells and I can not be more pleased with the results. I have a cystoscopy done every 6 months and I am happy to say that I have been cancer free for all these years. I have found Dr. Darlin to be not only a great surgeon but also a very caring person. I feel he has empathy towards his patients and goes out of his way to make a very uncomfortable procedure as easy as possible. Any person needing a Urologist would be well served to have Dr. Darlin as his doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas J Darlin - Posted on November 10th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Douglas J Darlin - Posted on May 10th, 2011
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
31 Years Experience
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Kaiser Permanente Medical Center
Dr. Douglas J Darlin Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Sharp Health Plan
- Sharp Health Blue Choice
- Sharp Health Gold Value
- Sharp Health Performance
- Sharp Health Premier
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSHARP REES STEALY OTAY RANCH, 1400 E Palomar St, Chula Vista, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas J Darlin, MD - Urology in Chula Vista, CA, in this video.
Dr. Douglas J Darlin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Chula Vista, CA.