Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas P Dozier Sr
Dr. Douglas P Dozier Sr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Macon, GA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Dozier is affiliated with Coliseum Northside Hospital. Dr. Dozier has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas P Dozier Sr has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Douglas P Dozier Sr has the following 10 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Abdominal Pain
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Showing 5 of 10
I am new to Macon and picked this doctor based on his healthgrades review. I promise you he paid someone to give him all 5 stars. After 2 visits he could care less about me having Ulcerative Colitis. I was obviously a bother to him. When I went to the ER one evening he refused to come see me. He made the ER send me to the other hospital across town where he didn't even go! The GI doctor there was very nice and understanding, but even he said this guy does this all the time so he can avoid the inconvenience of having to see patients at night or on the weekend. Crazy thing is if he even knew what he was doing I would have stayed out of the hospital, but because he screwed up my medicines my disease flaired. If you see this man, you are either desperate or ininformed
Yes, I would recomend this doctor to anyone who needs one... After my colonoscophy, pre-cancerous cells were found & removed; and he recomened another colonoscophy to be repeated in a year (because of my family's history of colon deaths), but I still worry about it; so, I will call to talk to him about it, & I am SURE that he will be willing to help by monitoring me closer-because that is befitting him; an excellent doctor!
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Dozier is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
46 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1972
United States Army Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMacon Volunteer Clinic, 376 Rogers Ave, Macon, GA
Dr. Douglas P Dozier Sr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Macon, GA.