Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas E Evans has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
Had a well visit appt scheduled for my daughter, was called with the reminder call, showed up to the appt and receptionist told me I would have to show my daughters medicaid card with Dr. Evans name as the provider or I would have to sign a waiver stating I would be responsible for the office visit. I refused and she told me that my daughter could not be seen without 1. Medicaid card showing Dr Evans name on card. (had not been sent a new card) or 2. I would need to sign stating I would pay for the cost of the visit. Called Medicaid today and the representative told me the receptionist cannot deny my daughter being seen. Medicaid is in the midst of a lot of changes but ALL providers were informed of this and were not to turn away anybody. Now I will have to reschedule her appt for another month out just because the receptionist wanted to be difficult! I have never had a problem at this office, they have always been very helpful before the last couple of months. Not sure what has changed but the main receptionist there is being very rude and unhelpful as of lately. Disappointing to say the least!
Dr. Evans has been my childrens pediatrician for 17 years and prior to that was my doctor as well. A kind and compassionate man who even seeing you out in public remembers the names of your childrens and always makes it a point to say hello. He always listens to your concerns as a parent and makes your children feel like there voice is important as well. He never rushes you through as many doctors will. There is no other doctor I would take my children to and no other doctor I would recommend.
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Dr. Douglas E Evans accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
- Anthem MO Direct Access w/HSA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry MO PPO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsEvans Pediatric Clinic Pc, 3912 Sherman Ave, Saint Joseph, MO
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas E Evans in this video.
Dr. Douglas E Evans is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Joseph, MO.