Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas R Eitel has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Douglas R Eitel has the following 12 expertise
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Clinical Depression
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
Dr. Douglas R Eitel is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 22
Professional, precise, great listener, effective.
My child was on the in-patient unit for 10 days at denver children's hospital and was discharged on tenex which is a blood pressure medicine approved for ADHD. She was to follow up with a therapist and a psychiatrist the next day at the same clinic. This was Dr Eitle's first appointment with my 9y/o and only met with her less than an hour before prescribing lexapro to "chill her out", even though she was just taken off of Wellbutrin for side effects that caused her to be admitted. It seems Dr Eitle is part of a larger problem and may belong to a group of providers that over medicate and resolve everything with another prescription. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and tried to reach him for a consult and clarify his decision since my ex was the one Who met with him. I called 3 times and left 3messages that I needed to speak to him As soon as possible... but have yet to receive a call back after 3 weeks! I've never met the man but don't trust his decision and lack of follow up. Please think twice and question his rash decisions.
On my first visit they told me follow-ups are only $80, well when I came in for my follow-up they started charging $110 and lied & said that's what it had been for 2 months now....Yeah right....plus the $45 you have to pay for your own drug screen. This place is ridiculous!!! And they do try to make you come to weekly appointments & have to pay the $110 every time, or get kicked out. STAY AWAY FROM PSYCH CONSULT!!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Douglas R Eitel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem CO Blue Priority HMO
- Anthem CO Blue Priority PPO
- Anthem CO Bronze Pathway X HMO
- Anthem CO Gold Pathway HMO
- Anthem CO HMO
- Anthem CO Pathway
- Anthem CO Silver Pathway X HMO
- Anthem PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana Colorado HMOx
- Humana National POS
Locations & Directions
Dr. Douglas R Eitel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Staunton, VA.