Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas K Fenton has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 25
Its been a struggle for me to find a good doctor, and I've found that scripps hires the best. Dr fenton performed surgery removing a dermoid cyst (usually a benine tumor in the ovary). He knows what he's doing and treats his patients with genuine care. I was very nervous as this was my first surgery, but the bedside manner, knowledge, and efficienxy of scripps staff are awesome. Highly recommended.
Dr. Fenton is the most caring, kind, and compassionate man I have ever seen! He is very thorough in his examinations and leaves no stones unturned....He is patient and sits down with you to explain procedures and what is expected. Any questions or concerns you may have he is very patient and never made me feel hurried. His bedside manner is top notch! We need more physicians like him....His friendly and jovial disposition made the appointment enjoyable and comfortable. He genuinely CARES about you and asks how your family is doing, kids, job, etc. Please go see him....you will not be disappointed!
I always had a hard time with doctors in US. In Brazil they are really caring, it is like a family doctor. My first baby I had in Georgia, my doctor was good, but really cold and serious, many times left his office crying. I know pregnant woman cries easily. After I met doctor Felton it was a relief. He is sweet, and caring. I also know he is a great doctor, but he goes the extra mile. Really happy he is the one delivering my second baby.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2014, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
36 Years Experience
University Of Colorado School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Ucsd Medical Center
Dr. Douglas K Fenton accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Douglas K Fenton is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Encinitas, CA.