Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas C Frankel has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 22
I truly feel Dr. Frankel and his staff care they take the time to listen to how you feel. Now a days going to the doctor is so in personal but with Dr. Frankel that is not the case. He has truly cured me from injuries that other specialist missed. Truly happy to finally found a Doctor that is sure to cure you!! His staff is super friendly and they truly make you feel comfortable and they care.
I am a typical male, I hadn't seen a Dr in years due to not liking a few I had seen in the past. I had a "suck it up and deal" mentality towards my health. I went in for a routine physical at my wife's behest, and while asymptomatic something bothered Dr. Frankel enough to refer me to a cardiologist. Turns out I have some serious heart issues and if he hadn't stressed it, I could have dropped dead in my early 40's! He took more time with me than ANY Dr. I had perviously been to. Very patient and takes time to explain things in layman's terms. Very good sense of humor and bedside manner. Highly recommended.
Dr. Frankel is a good doctor who definitely gives off the vibe that he cares. But watch out for his staff. If you are a bit late they are rushed to tell you they will charge you $50 and not see you. I have experienced this several times as well as one very Rude Physical Therapist on location. Fatima. I have had two very uncomfortable experienced with her. Outside of the fact that it doesn't see that she knows what she is doing, she is rude and condescending. I would recommend finding a different location with a more professional staff that backs up the doctor.
Dr. Douglas C Frankel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMetropolitan Medical Trauma Group, 1684 E Gude Dr, Rockville, MD
Dr. Douglas C Frankel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rockville, MD.