Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Guy Campbell
Dr. Guy Campbell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jackson, MS. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease, Internal Medicine and Critical Care Medicine. Dr. Campbell is affiliated with University Hospital & Clinics-Holmes County, University of Mississippi Medical Center and G.V. Montgomery Veterans Affairs Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Guy Campbell has the following 3 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Dr. Guy Campbell has the following 1 expertise
Showing 1 of 1
I WOULD SAY DR. DOUG CAMPBELL IS THE WORLD'S GREATEST DR. I HAVE SEEN NEUROLOGIS, UROLOGISTS, CARDOLIGISTS AND VARIOYS OTHER DOCTORS. DR DOUG IS NOT JUST THE WORLD'S GREATEST PULMONOLOGIST............HE IS THE WORLD'S GREATEST DR. MY ONLY REGRET IS HE WENT TO THE VA HOSPITAL AND I STILL HAVE TO SEE A DR AT UMC. I MISS DR. DOUG.
Dr. Campbell is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University Hospital & Clinics-Holmes County
University of Mississippi Medical Center
G.V. Montgomery Veterans Affairs Medical Center
37 Years Experience
University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Mississippi Medical Center, 2500 N State St, Jackson, MS
Dr. Guy Campbell is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jackson, MS.