The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas Girod
Dr. Douglas Girod, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Kansas City, KS. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Head and Neck Surgery and Otolaryngology. Dr. Girod is affiliated with Children's Mercy South, Ransom Memorial Hospital and St Luke's South Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas Girod has the following 2 specialties
- Head and Neck Surgery
An otolaryngologist is more commonly referred to as an ENT, someone that can treat medical issues you may be having with you ears, nose, or throat. This is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions of the ear, nose, sinuses, larynx (voice box), mouth, throat, head, and neck. These doctors treat patients through both medical and surgical means. For instance, an otolaryngologist may treat an obstruction of the nasal passage, caused by malformation of the nose, through rhinoplasty.
- Bone Transplantation
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Girod is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Children's Mercy South
Ransom Memorial Hospital
St Luke's South Hospital
Children's Mercy Hospital
TMC Hospital Hill
Lawrence Memorial Hospital
University of Kansas Hospital
Truman Medical Center Hospital Hill
Saint Luke`s Cancer Institute
Saint Luke's Hospital
Truman Medical Center Lakewood
Saint Luke's Cancer Institute
University of Kansas Medical Center
St Lukes Hospital Of Kansas City
Childrens Mercy Hospital
28 Years Experience
University Of California Davis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
University Of Washington Medical Center
Dr. Douglas Girod accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS Kansas City
- BCBS KC Preferred Care Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry KS PPO
- Coventry OA EPO Exchange - KS/MO
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Kansas Hospital, 3901 Rainbow Blvd, Kansas City, KS
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas Girod in this video.
Dr. Douglas Girod is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Kansas City, KS.