Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas C Harrington has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Menstrual Pain
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 28
Although he ran his appointments on time, I found him to be judgmental and disliked an educated expectant mom. I am so happy with Chris (the midwife) but would avoid seeing him ever again in the future. I overheard him asking questions of young mothers that I found very paternalistic and condensing.
When my husband and I were having difficulty conceiving, I asked Chris about it. She bluntly told me it was usually the woman's fault - before any tests had been ran on either of us! My insurance required preapproval for the testing. I made sure to let the office know that they needed to request it. They didn't request it in time and cost me around $700 - and then wanted to charge me another $350. Then I had to FIGHT with their business dept to have the issue resolved. They blew me off and wouldn't return calls. They finally called just wrote it off - and I promptly left switched doctors.
I really enjoyed having him be my obgyn as a matter of fact he delivered me. He is a great doctor and I have always recommended him to everyone that I know. I have seen him be rude to some patients but in my opinion I think I agree he does see a lot of people everyday and the stress of being a obgyn and dealing with some odd people can stress him out. When I as a week away from delivering my son, I came into his office because my ankles where really swollen and that I had some signs of toxemia so he immediately admitted me and we were induced. So on that note I think he is a wonderful doctor!!!!! Also Lynette is a great midwife as well I enjoy seeing her and she takes the time to assist you with anything that you have concerns about!!!
I love Dr Harrington and the staff! I have always been treated with respect have always been made comfortable there. I have been going there for 6 years now and wouldnt trust my care to anyone else! I have had 2 rough pregnancies and Dr Harrington has always made me feel like everything was going to be okay!
Dr. Harrington is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
University Of Iowa Roy J And Lucille A Carver College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1981
Southern Illinois University School Of Medicine
Dr. Douglas C Harrington accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Health Alliance HMO/POS
- Health Alliance PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHarrington Ob/Gyn, 2709 Broadway St, Pekin, IL
Dr. Douglas C Harrington is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Pekin, IL.