Dr. Douglas C Harrington Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Douglas C Harrington?

paternalistic

Although he ran his appointments on time, I found him to be judgmental and disliked an educated expectant mom. I am so happy with Chris (the midwife) but would avoid seeing him ever again in the future. I overheard him asking questions of young mothers that I found very paternalistic and condensing.

Great doctor, knows how to treat patients and wont sugar coat anything! Saved my children and my life.

Avoid!!

When my husband and I were having difficulty conceiving, I asked Chris about it. She bluntly told me it was usually the woman's fault - before any tests had been ran on either of us! My insurance required preapproval for the testing. I made sure to let the office know that they needed to request it. They didn't request it in time and cost me around $700 - and then wanted to charge me another $350. Then I had to FIGHT with their business dept to have the issue resolved. They blew me off and wouldn't return calls. They finally called just wrote it off - and I promptly left switched doctors.

My Expierence

I really enjoyed having him be my obgyn as a matter of fact he delivered me. He is a great doctor and I have always recommended him to everyone that I know. I have seen him be rude to some patients but in my opinion I think I agree he does see a lot of people everyday and the stress of being a obgyn and dealing with some odd people can stress him out. When I as a week away from delivering my son, I came into his office because my ankles where really swollen and that I had some signs of toxemia so he immediately admitted me and we were induced. So on that note I think he is a wonderful doctor!!!!! Also Lynette is a great midwife as well I enjoy seeing her and she takes the time to assist you with anything that you have concerns about!!!

I love Dr Harrington and the staff! I have always been treated with respect have always been made comfortable there. I have been going there for 6 years now and wouldnt trust my care to anyone else! I have had 2 rough pregnancies and Dr Harrington has always made me feel like everything was going to be okay!

Very rude, arrogant, and literally yelled at me. AVOID at all costs.

NURSE UNPROFESSIONALBLUNTNO BEDSIDE MANNERVERY DISAPPOINTEDNOT VERY CARING TO YOUNGER PTS.

You have to consider who the doctor sees everyday. Is their practice in a city where they have to deal with people who don't take care of themselves, who don't care about their health or their un-born child. Yes, doctors can be cold and uncaring, but sometimes they get tired of talking to people who won't listen. Dr. Harrington is one of those doctors who will respect your opinion if you respect his.

He is very cold and unfriendly. Has no consideration for his patient's feelings.I have been very offended by some of the comments he has made. I have finally realized that there are a lot of doctors that actually care about their patient's feelings. Nobody should ever have to go to a doctor and be treated this way. I wonder how he would feel if the women in his family were treated this way by a doctor.