Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas K Hiltz Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 30
I would give him no stars whatsoever. This jerk thinks just because he went to medical school that he can play God for a living. I was bit by a very poisonous spider and he got pissy saying that there are non in NC. Told me he did a whole study on them. With his snotty attitude, he told me to google it and once I was able to prove him wrong, he replies 'I have nothing to say to you' while rolling his eyes & many more rude comments. You don't treat patients like dirt. Or at least you won't to me because I will set you straight. I mean, did he really go to medical school or print a fake degree of the Internet? He can kiss my a$$ and can't wait to speak with his supervisor. That has to be one of the worst doctors I have encountered in the Southport area. He needs to pick a different career path because he is clueless.
32 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1986
Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Dr. Douglas K Hiltz Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsDosher Medical Smithville Crossing, 1513 N Howe St Ste 6, Southport, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas K Hiltz Jr in this video.
Dr. Douglas K Hiltz Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Southport, NC.