Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas L Hom has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Heart Failure
- Back Pain
- Weight Loss
- Cholesterol Management
- Thyroid Diseases
- Ingrown Nails
- Sports Injuries
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Showing 5 of 7
Dr. Hom took excellent care of my ex-husband who spent the last 15 months of his life in a skilled nursing facility in West Seattle. Dr. Hom was kind and extremely patient (and alot of patience was needed where my ex was concerned:)). Because of Dr. Hom's medical expertise, my ex felt better and looked better the last several months of his life than he had in many years. I wish we had found Dr. Hom 20 years ago! He personally called me to keep me updated on my ex's condition. (I was my ex's DPOA and I helped my ex make critical decisions). Dr. Hom "knows his stuff" and has a true interest and deep caring for his patients. I highly recommend Dr. Hom. Would give him 5 stars, but this review only let me give 4!
Dr. Hom has always been spot on with anything to do with my diagnosis. He has been my physician since 1984 and was my husbands physician before that. He sends me to specalists when it is necessary. My only worry is that he won't live as long as I will, because I don't want to try to find a physician as good as he has been with me. I trust him with my life and he has never failed me.
44 Years Experience
University Of Minnesota Medical School
Graduated in 1974
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Douglas L Hom accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWestside Medical, 4700 36th Ave SW, Seattle, WA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Douglas L Hom in this video.
Dr. Douglas L Hom is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Seattle, WA.