Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas P Hutcheson has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Douglas P Hutcheson has the following 12 expertise
- Child Birth
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
- C-Section (Cesarean Section)
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Douglas P Hutcheson has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Douglas P Hutcheson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
18 years ago I had a pinhole leak and Dr. Hutcheson was on call. I was seeing another doctor at the time but he was excellent He admitted me and took measures to keep me from going into full labor for about 2 weeks and he then delivered my son and took extra measures to ensure my sons health. During the time before my sons birth he explained everything that was going to happen and what could happen. He did everything to make sure my son would not come too early and the care I received was the best. My son just had his 18th birthday. Thanks Dr. Hutcheson!
I am a new patient of Dr. Hutcheson's. I came to him initially for a second opinion and to take over my care. Referred by a good friend of mine who has been treating with him for years and loves him. Recently, I came to his office with a problem I felt may be a side effect to medication he put me on for another condition. Never once did he ask any questions about my recent problem, only gave me a speech unrelated to the current problem, offered a blood test and basically washed his hands of it. To me this shows that he really didn't care why I had come into the office to begin with. I thought doctor's were supposed to at least "act" like they care about their patient's physical problems. Ask a few questions about your problems and then send to to another specialist if need be. Am I expecting too much?
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
29 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Douglas P Hutcheson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
Locations & DirectionsVirginia Womens Center, 8266 Atlee Rd Ste 330, Mechanicsville, VA
Dr. Douglas P Hutcheson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mechanicsville, VA.