Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- HIV/AIDS The differences between HIV & AIDS; signs, symptoms & complications.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Shingles Facts about shingles, including symptoms & possible long-term effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas Ward
Dr. Douglas Ward, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, DC. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Infectious Disease. Dr. Ward is affiliated with George Washington University Hospital and George Washington Univ Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas Ward has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Infectious Disease
An infectious disease specialist has specialized training in the diagnosis and treatment of contagious diseases.
Infectious diseases, also known as contagious or transmissible diseases, are those that stem from pathogen from a host organism. These infections may spread to other carriers through physical touch, airborne inhalation, bodily fluids or contaminated foods.
Infectious disease specialists identify whether the disease is caused by bacteria, a virus, a fungus or a parasite often through blood tests and then determine what course of treatment, if any, is necessary.
- AIDS-Related Opportunistic Infections
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- HIV Infections
- Hepatitis C
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I am very pleased with Dr. Ward. I do go to him that often as other specialists. Also Dr. Ward takes time to listen to his patients and its easy to get an appointment (or always get in to see his assistant in case of urgency which I find comforting. He responds via email or phone and if its a weekend he will call in something. Treatment is the keyword for the practice. The office is extremely cool (both meaning of the word -- a plus for a person who doesn't like it sweltering. I prefer getting my blood work at his office and am requesting (as a matter of efficiency) that the blood work be done there. I've gone to LabCorp before talk about a slaughter house. I felt lie a cow up in there waiting for the knocker's strike. I don't like needles (except for shots don't ask me why - it's weird) and always bruise after getting it done. Not with at Dr. Ward's office and the cool thing is they use Snoopy Band-Aids after. It's true about the smallest of things. In addition his staff are beyond great. Always helpful, courteous, and especially responsive. It's the trifecta of medical care... Also who can complain about an office that let's their employees bring their dogs in. I'm a cat person but an avid animal lover. Of note too is Dr. Ward's collection of art at his office. Quite diverse and uniquely shows Dr. Ward's appreciation of life. Who could ask for anything better?
I was a patient of Dr Ward's for three years and only left as a result of a job related relocation away from the Washington, DC area. I have never had a better experience with a physician. Doctor Ward is approachable, knowledgeable, and kind. He is responsive and caring. The staff at his office is efficient and a pleasure to deal with. I would recommend Dr Ward to anyone who is in the DC area and in need of his services. A great doctor, a wonderful friend, and an asset to the professional community.
Dr. Ward is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
George Washington University Hospital
George Washington Univ Hospital
32 Years Experience
University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Graduated in 1981
Clinical Center At The Nih
Dr. Douglas Ward accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDupont Circle Physicians Group, 1737 20th St NW, Washington, DC
Dr. Douglas Ward is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.