Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Douglas Johnson
Dr. Douglas Johnson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Springfield, MA, with other offices in Springfield, MA and Boston, MA . He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Johnson is affiliated with Youville Hospital & Rehabilitation Ctr and Mass General Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Douglas Johnson has the following 1 specialty
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Douglas Johnson has the following 5 expertise
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Pulmonary Emphysema (COPD)
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
Dr. Douglas Johnson has 3 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Douglas Johnson is Board Certified in 3 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr. Johnson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Youville Hospital & Rehabilitation Ctr
Mass General Hospital
37 Years Experience
Graduated in 1976
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Douglas Johnson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MA.