Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Douglas S Josephson has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Douglas S Josephson has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Douglas S Josephson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I think Dr. Josephson would be a great wellness doctor for a child with no developmental issues. However, every time I brought up concerns about development, he would say "wait & see" or "he's fine just concentrating on other areas of development" when my son failed to develop language. I felt like he gave me a false sense of wellness for my child since he brushed off my concerns. He never once mentioned Early Intervention programs that are funded by the state. I found out about EI through a friend. Fast forward to his 3 year appt, Dr. J was suddenly concerned and sent us to a dev. ped. My son was diagnosed with mild ASD. I felt like he had concerns a little too late, and I feel valuable time was lost with my son since I found out about EI a few months before my son turned 3. I also feel like Dr. J wasn't on top of the latest research with ASD. Given the hyperactivity my son demonstrated at every office visit combined with my dev. concerns, I think Dr. J should have suggested a diet change (GF/CF) since 90% of ASD/ADHD kids improve on the diet. I feel there were enough red flags for him to proceed treating my son as if he had a neurological disorder. I understand he's busy, but he should really treat his client's concerns better. I really liked that they have plenty of doctors and nurse practitioners as back-up support for when the pediatrician is sick or unavailable. I really liked the professional look of their website. I really liked that their practice was close to my house. But given Dr. J's lack of knowledge on a disorder that is reaching epidemic proportions, I will be switching pediatricians.
University Of Colorado Health
Dr. Douglas S Josephson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Douglas S Josephson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alpharetta, GA.